6/13/10

Less than a week!!!

We leave in less than a week!! Still so much to do. Today are doing some cleaning and organizing in the house and kind of ignoring the RV. We had an ice cream social last night and gave our friends tours of the RV. Many people commented on how nice it is. It was fun to show it off and we stayed dry under the awning.

I've made a few updates here at the blog. We figured out out path up to Canada and added it to our itinerary. We also included a few maps. I also signed up for a Flickr account which we will use to store photos for you all to see. We will just upload some of the favorites here to the blog.

I have some major lists started. I've got some color coded sheets on a clipboard instead of a lot of little notes here and there. I think we have a pretty good handle on most things, except for food. We need to come up with a list of about a dozen or so dinner ideas. Then I can go out and shop for what we need. We have limited space in the fridge/freezer, but I think we have enough space for all the non-perishable foods we need. We have a stove, microwave, crock pot, and small charcoal grill, but no oven or convection oven. I've been so busy wrapping up my clients and prepping to take off 7 weeks AND with other things that I haven't had time to think about food! I just need easy dinner ideas. Any suggestions are appreciated~ we are pretty simple and basic eaters. Ziploc makes these baggies that you can now suck the air out which are really cool. I already have some taco meat frozen and ready to take. I hope to make up more of that type of thing this week.

Big storm coming through...time to log off!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I've seen a million motorhomes running around in the past couple days - the memo must have gone out that it's time to head to Alaska! I thought of you guys frequently as I passed the bewildered tourists. I'll be blogging about it soon.

You must be extremely excited!! Enjoy!!

Post a Comment

We love comments! Let us know what you think!!

Search This Blog

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations